Loan Programs
The Process
Get Started
Ask Chad
July, 3 2012 - by chad



A DD-214 is needed for any VA or Texas Vet loan.

If you do not have one and need it quickly, we highly recommend Aardvark Research Group.

October, 24 2011 - by chad

There are two ways that I know of to get a copy of your military discharge papers.  The first is from the National Archives.  It can take several weeks to several months, depending on your branch of service and when you served.  Here is the link:

National Archives Military Records Request

The alternative is a private company who claims to expedite the service and say they can get it for you in about a week.  I was skeptical, but one of my veteran clients used this service recently ...

October, 14 2011 - by chad

The Department of Veterans Affairs released a Bulletin today regarding the processing times for Certificates of Eligibility. A vast majority of the time, a veteran’s Certificate of Eligibility (COE) can be obtained online by the veteran or veteran’s lender, so processing time is just a couple of minutes.  However, when the veteran has had a prior VA loan or is eligible only due to serving in the Reserves or National Guard, discharge papers need to be uploaded or mailed to the VA to obtain a COE.  The Bulletin issued by ...

October, 5 2011 - by chad

The DD Form 214, officially DD Form 214 “Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”, but generally referred to as a “DD 214″, is a document of the United States Department of Defense, issued upon a military service member’s retirement, separation or discharge from active-duty military. Most veterans applying for a VA loan will need this form in order to document their military service and type of discharge. This is especially important for the Texas Vet program so that we can verify the veteran’s Home of Record. If you do not have your discharge papers, call us ...

September, 23 2011 - by chad

The VA does allow some spouses of veterans to use their deceased spouse’s VA home loan eligibility. This is generally available to the unmarried surviving spouse of a veteran who died as a result of military service or from service-connected causes. That would also apply to the spouse of an active duty member who is listed as missing in action (MIA) or a prisoner of war (POW) for at least 90 days. Eligibility under this MIA/POW provision is limited to one-time use only.

Please call our office to find out if you may be ...

September, 13 2011 - by chad

The VA announced today that it will start including information about a veteran’s exempt status on the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Currently, your lender (us) has to send faxes to multiple VA offices to verify that a veteran is exempt from the VA funding fee. With this new revision by the VA, that will no longer be necessary. Call us if you would like us to obtain your VA Certificate to verify you are eligible for the VA Home Loan Program.